Wednesday, September 07, 2005

It's DONE!! (this is a fast knit!!)

Here are some close up (semi) and distance shots of the one skein wonder. I have it on as I am typing and find it very comfortable. It doesn't bunch or annoy the armpit. However, I would bet that deoderant stains would be an issue. Then I still have the bra strap problem. This tank top is terrible, I spent most of the time in between posing for pictures trying to obscure the bra strap. Normally I don't care, but I wanted to show this beauty off in all it's glorious wonderfullness!!

I really wanted to finish it today, because the yarn for Teagan's sweater should be here any day and Tara would have a fit if I got the yarn and worked on a project for myself over Teagan's sweater. That sweet little baby needs it sooner than I need any sweater type items. They are already having weather in the 50's (and it stays in the 50's all day). But I busted ass on this and got it done (I even was so motivated, I already wove my ends in. I would not let myself try it on until it was COMPLETE!!) I really need to know how to tie better knots. I finnaly mastered weaving in so that it blends in and is nearly invisible, but my knots are huge and narrly and hideous and sometimes come undone. Is this a problem of bulky yarn?? Why do I never see the knots in professional garments?? What can I do??

So Kyle had things to say about this little sweater, like... "WHat is it for, what purpose does it serve". He is pretty much about pure function, as am I most of the time. I explained to him that a t-shirt is warmer than a tank top, so this helps to create t-shirt warmth without the t-shirt. Plus I told him it was the perfect tattoo bandaid. You see, while I love my tattoo's, my work does not. My boss does not want me to wear anything that would reveal them. So this number does a PERFECT job of making clothing that was once unwearable to work, now wearable. YEAH!!

Okay, I should be going, this has been a bloggy kind of day for me. But you know... Work, School, the usual!! Plus Kyle and I are meeting with the man who will be marrying us tonight, so I always feel the need to pick up so our house isn't the huge pit that it normally lives in. My priorities are all backwards!!


The front of One Skein Wonder Posted by Picasa


Back of One Skein Wonder Posted by Picasa


Finished Front Posted by Picasa


Finished Back Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute...but it looked better with the black tank top. Not so much with the orange. I can't wait to knit it myself!!!