Saturday, September 17, 2005

Swing Coat Sweater Progress

I am so excited to be at the armpits (3 rows past to be specific). I am concerned about this pattern for a few reasons. The sleeves seem to be made up of a huge amount of sts. And there is NO decreasing the entire length of the sleeves. It seems like it is going to make some VERY wide sleeves that are going to be entirely too big to start with. I think they may even fit my arms. Okay maybe at the elbow or something. There is also not very clear info about the sleeve and body attaching method. And it looks as if I am in the works of getting a very big hole in between. I am going to look over some other top down sweater patterns to see if there is anything I need to know that I am not getting from this pattern. It may be something obvious, like picking up sts to make a tight gap. But since this is the first time I have ever made a top down sweater, it is not common knowledge to me.

I love Knit and Tonic. Wendy rights the BEST and Funniest stuff. But I am concerned about the lack of info. I may enquire with her, I'm sure she has an email. Or at least I know she reads her comments. First I need to research some other patterns.

On the other hand, this sweater is the softest, I love the yarn. I also love my sister for buying it for me. I have the hardest time wearing hand knit stuff for me. I just gave away (on extended borrow) the one skein wonder to Jessica. She loved it soooo much and really wanted it. So I said sure, it looked so cute on her. Plus, she said she would buy me some yarn to replace it.



Front of Swing Coat Sweater Posted by Picasa



Back Posted by Picasa



Close up of the pretty increases Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be SO cute!!! And the raglan sleeves look so awesome, aren't you glad you fixed it? Have you looked for someone else who knit that same sweater yet? How weird it doesn't work out. I can't wait to try it on Teagan!!!