Thursday, December 08, 2005

No new knitting news...

I have however been very busy re-reading Harry Potter (I'm half way through number two) and making a kimono style sweatshirt inspired by Martha Stewart and this blog (link to come later... I am logged in to Kyle's half of the computer and don't have my knitting blog bookmarks, so I don't know where it came from... sorry) I first saw it on. As you will see, it is still in progress, I used a bias tape to edge the side, I was going along GREAT, but must have lost my grove because it gets REALLY funky. I am going to rip it out tomorrow and try again. It is kind of late for me to be attempting new sewing things. As most sewing things are new to me and I am pretty bad at sewing in a straight line. Anyways, this is a pattern of my own design modeled after the MS one. I really liked hers but it was sized for 0-3 months and required photo copying and enlarging and cutting and pasting to complete. So I used a t-shirt I have for Teagan as an X-Mas gift and made my own measurements based on that. I am going for a long jacket/sweatshirt style that may even be cute as a top over pants when she grows up a little bit and it fits a bit more snug. Right now it will probably fit very large.

As for knitting I've done very little. I keep thinking about it and want to, but am crippled by project issues. I don't know what to knit, nothing I NEED to knit is sounding appealing and Everything I WANT to knit, I know I need to wait. I am thinking of using the hand dyed to make either Tubey or The Somewhat Cowl. Tubey is free, but would require some additional yarn. And the somewhat cowl costs money, but is something I have been dreaming of for awhile. So...choices, choices!! I will have to continue pondering.

I did ask for the wool of the andes in chocolate to make the cabled cardi in Loop d Loop. I hope I get enough!!

Is it too bathrobey??? (The kimono)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does look moderately bathrobey. Is it long? Maybe make it shorter? I like the fleece though. The bias tape may be more difficult on fleece. I just used bias tape for "The Project" :) and I think that fleece is pretty stretchy, which would make applying bias tape difficult. I plan to do some sewing tonight on "The Project" and on the fleece pillows I'm making for everyone in Anchorage! They are so fast, fun, and fabulous.