Thursday, December 29, 2005

Alaska's Great... Internet Connection is SLOW!

Christmas has passed, and here I am in cold Alaskee!! It is pretty nice. Teagan is cute (although she won't wear the swing coat cardi... little stinker!) and she remembered me right away. That is all and Auntie can hope for.

Knitting has been good. I have made tremendous progress on the long sleeve one skein wonder. So it will really be a four skein wonder. I am making it out of Lion Thick and Quick, so the knitting goes REALLY fast. I really like this stuff, it is pretty cheap, soft and such a fast knit! I am using a brown with red and green undertones. Very nice. Sorry no pictures until I am back in Cali, Not set up properly here in Alaska. But I am taking pictures (about 50 yesterday... mostly of Teagan)

I already scoped out one of the yarn stores here (went this morning) I didn't buy anything, but wanted to. They had this bulky alpaca...mmmmmmm! And some Cascade P- something or other. It was a lot softer then the 220, but about $2 more and I think less yards. And the Cascade Quatro. This also cost more then the 220 (I think a dollar) but was very pretty. They had a little baby sweater (hoodie with a kangaroo pocket) made out of it. CUTE!

So this was a pretty prolific Christmas knit-wise. I got money towards the knitpicks yarn I want for the cabled sweater... I think it was enough (Kyle's mom and my brother). Kyle got me a ball winder and swift (which I was technically supposed to get after X-Mas - but kind of guessed it was coming (he didn't have it yet) and so he told me about it) and a gift certificate to my local yarn store. And Kyle's grandma (Omi) got me a GC to the local yarn shop as well! Man... I am spoiled!! Thanks everyone.

Kyle called me yesterday and said he would like a pair of hand knit socks for fishing (wool). I had asked him a while ago and he was not interested at the time. I have never actually knit a pair but have thought about it often.

I guess I am going to go. I need to rework the ballet t for a smaller gauge and a bigger size and need to finish up on the long sleeve wonder!!

No comments: