Friday, December 09, 2005

Why is the yarn store a bad idea??

First of all, I spend money.

Second... I want to buy EVERYTHING!!!

Third, it makes me want to make many more projects then I will EVER be able to complete.

Why is it a good idea... I love it there!!

I went to the yarn store today. I put a couple of the hand dyed skeins and some pink bulky cascade in my bag that I needed to wind into balls. Off I went. I debated walk or ride my bike. Walking won because my ears don't get as cold so it seemed more appealing. So in I go, I wind all three skeins. All the while I am letting my eyes wander around the store. Meg (owner) had some BEAUTIFUL lopi in stock. Something I first used in Alaska and Loved, but was unable to buy here. So I kept eyeballing the goods. Then I wandered around and felt all the goods. Mmmmmm, There was more then a few things I wanted. So because I feel totally guilty when I go to the yarn store to use the winder for yarn I didn't buy there, I had to buy something. So I bought some laverder and grassy green yarn (one of each) with no project in mind. Other then ANOTHER bag. Do I really know another. Does anyone I need really need another. I have so much yarn in the closet designated for bags. And now I have a bunch of material in the closet designated for bags. I am bag crazed!! Oh Well. I need ideas for other small projects, but this stuff is too scratchy for things like a scarf, of which I also don't need!

On another note... Do most people eat the part of something they don't like first or last. As in...Chex Mix. When I eat chex mix, I eat the pretzels first. I don't like the pretzels very much, so I want to get them out of the way. Then I move on. But other people they save the bad stuff for the end. I also like to eat my veggies first, their just to healthy to end on.

Oh - I almost forgot, I replaced my accesories bag at the yarn store today as well. My other one lost it's zipper. Much better.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

I like your new profile image!
I know what you mean about bags -- but they make great gifts! I have some books I want to give my niece, but didn't want them to seem like a Christmas gift. I also didn't want to stick them in a plastic bag. So, I am giving them in a tote-bag made from cool fabric.

As for the Chex mix... I usually intersperse the really good with the 'why is this in here' stuff ;o) and then in the last bit eat the good stuff last! Weird huh?

RheLynn said...

The new MagKnits is out! All of the patterns are bags.

And I am loving my Knitpicks order! So many colours to work with!