Saturday, January 19, 2008

Complete...

Well... Sort of!



I mean, it looks done. But I still have the two inside buttons to sew on and the hook and eye closure that others have found a helpful addition. Plus it still needs a good ol' blocking. But it looks great. I looked at hundreds of buttons today. It was funny, there were lots that I liked and then my mom pulled this button off the shelf and as soon as I saw it I knew it was "the" button. My mom made a comment about how I know what I like when I see it since I'd been hemming and hawing over about 10 other choices before this one.

What I like about the button:
  • its pretty pewter like color
  • the cool color dot center
  • its organic shape (the two buttons are different shapes)
  • the way it looks a little old
I am very, very happy with my choice.

Now I have some ugly (basic) black plastic buttons for the inside and the hook. YEAH!

I think the cat just tried to get in the baby swing. I am worried about her taking over baby items before the baby arrives. She won't like it if she gets kicked out of something she think belongs to her.

No comments: