Monday, January 07, 2008

The Tilted Duster is Flying

Off the needles that is. I am done with one sleeve and just about to begin the sleeve cap on sleeve number two. Then I have to stitch them up and attach. This has me pretty scared as it will be my first time. I have the first sleeve safety pinned on and it looks good. I might have liked a little extra length. I actually knit an extra inch but think maybe two or three would be better. It will be fine, just not super long which is how I kind of like my sweaters.



Excuse my belly, it hangs out of so many shirts. When I'm just relaxing at home, all I wear is sweatpants and I can't believe how often my belly makes appearances.



On the baby front - the room is getting ready. My mom began painting it in the middle of November. She finally got back to it over the past couple of weekends. It looks fantastic, I am so excited. Then my mom could not resist herself and bought the bedding set for the crib. I have not opened it yet, she would like the honors and be able to make the bed. After all she is doing all the work.



We are going for an Australian theme in the baby's room. Kyle is a big lover of Australia due to his didgeridoo playing. We are going to hang the didg's on the wall and the bedding set is "Down Under" with kangaroos, koalas, and crocodiles. SO CUTE! Wow - I had no idea how to spell koala, sad. So it is kind of a jungle theme, but I am really working with things I already had, like the leaf lamp in the corner. I am so excited and looking forward to the arrival. I hope to have the room done by the beginning of March. That will be early enough that I won't be left doing a bunch of stuff right at the end of my pregnancy, but still gives us time to get stuff done without being over prepared.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

What a beautiful room and cute bedding :) Very much for a little boy!