Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I'm not alone.

I've noticed I'm not the only one who has been busy through the holidays with a reduction in posting. But I'm back. School's over, Holidays done, camera working.

That's right, the camera is fine. I poked at it, I pulled at the lens, I pushed the lens. It kept not working. I put it aside and was sad all day. Then late that night, I thought hmmmmm, its behavior is oddly like our old camera (now Kyle's camera) when the batteries are low. It did not occur to me that the batteries could be low because previously the camera just stopped working all together, but this time it kept doing stuff. So the next day I charged my batteries and lo and behold, it worked. Thankfully after all my fix-it attempts. I least I did not try anything drastic.



Tilted Duster is coming along. I finished the skirt portion and started a sleeve yesterday. The sleeve is flying after that huge skirt. By the end of the skit it was 270 sts (the math was just done in Kyle's head so it may or may not be right, but he is usually quite the adding machine!!). So it took forever for a single row. I think I was taking at least 15 minutes per row. Now I am flying through close to 12 rows of the sleeve. It is faster because I am not mixing it up with ribbing. I've decided ribbing adds the time equivalent of one stitch for every change from knit to purl and vice versa. I long to knit continental style where I don't have to take so much time to make the change. But I don't have the commitment to change from holding the yarn in my right hand.



I am smelling the delicious (hopefully) pear bread I just made while it is baking. It smells mouth wateringly yummy! I had lots of pears and needed to do something with them. So I can't wait!! I'll post the results tomorrow.



Here my belly is at week 27. I'm now in the third trimester. I've been taking my picture here every week consistently from week 18 on. I did miss a couple of weeks but I also took a few weeks before week 18 also. My goal was to get them all, but I just did not make it. Hopefully I won't miss any more. This little guy moves a lot. The movements have grown much stronger and feel weirder, mostly when he is flipping around. I can also tell he is getting a lot bigger by felling stuff on both sides of my stomach at the same time. Did I already say this. I can't remember, but he was doing that just this afternoon so it is fresh in my mind.

I guess I should post a picture of the quickie cap, but I haven't taken a picture yet. Soon.

Alright, I'm off to knit more of this sleeve!!

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

I can't believe you're so far along already! It seems just like yesterday you said you were pregnant! Things move so fast for me now though that Esme is born, and nearly crawled while I was waiting for her.

The movements inside were very weird and very exciting. I kept calling Esme a fish the way she flopped around ;) She still flops all over the place outside the womb - so expect an active infant!

Best of luck and joy to you and Kyle :))