Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I want to move!

I so badly want to move. I went to a friends house this weekend and saw her big two bedroom with an attached laundry room and small backyard. And TWO bedrooms. I keep looking around thinking how I wanted to move there. We could use our own washer and dryer (which I love) again instead of storing them in the garage and sharing with other people. We could have a whole second room for stuff, like a music room, or a craft room, or a game room, or a guest room. Okay, I would not really make it a guest room, all the other options seem much more appealing!!

BUT... it costs $125 more per month then we are paying here. And is it REALLY worth it. Probably not. So I am trying to clean things up today. Maybe reorganize. Or rearrange. That would give me a fresh perspective. Kyle and I just have so much STUFF. We recently got a piano that we squeezed into the dining room. All his music equipment that used to have its own closet, but I took the closet for my huge tubs of knitting stuff. We also got a second couch not too long ago. And we can't go back to one, because we now have his and hers couches. I like to have my own, no more uncomfortable couch wars over who gets to lay down and who has to sit up. Plus, mine is always covered in school stuff and knitting stuff. And Kyle's get the spillover from mine. Poor guy!

So, I want to move. I need to stay here. If I want to keep working less, we can't move. Oh well... rant over.

4 comments:

RheLynn said...

Cute picture! I never want to have to move again ;o) but I have to when we finally get our own house... which may be this year.

Hope you are having a good day. I need to hug a kitten or two.

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't you put a cuter picture of Teagan on the blog instead of that scary one? She scares me.

You should just move. It would be totally worth it for two bedrooms. One bedroom is lame. But you should also think about getting rid of stuff. Why is it that we can never be satisfied with what we have and always want more? Most of the people in this world don't come close to living as well as we do, and we still complain. It's time to start living more simply!! Well, I guess that didn't help since I totally contradicted myself from beginning to end.

RheLynn said...

I agree with tara on the simple part -- when J and I moved from North Dakota to Tennessee we gave or threw away half of our houseful.

This allowed us to make the entire trip with two regular sized pick-up beds and two pull-behind trailers. J used his old monster, a 1979 Dodge truck for one of them. (J's dad says: 'The Beverly Hillbillies are going to Tennessee in the Mighty Dodge')

Even after a year here, we haven't unpacked everything we brought -- because we didn't need it! Yikes huh?

Anonymous said...

I agree with part of what Tara said, let's not move and just get rid of stuff!!! We should just pretend to move and save the money for a house instead. And yes, put a cuter picture of Teagan up. That one is cute but a little scary to look at.