Thursday, February 02, 2006

Still no yarn, but I've got carrot's!

That's right carrot's. Kyle had to thin out his garden because he had to many carrot's. He described them as carrot tooth picks or carrot slivers. So I took a picture. Can you tell how tiny they are, they are laying on a 2X4. I also took a picture of our garden. This is the ultimate urban garden. A flower box with a makeover.

It's been a pretty good day. Two netflix came, I'm almost healthy, I filed federal tax return yesterday, applied for financial aid for next semester, got more free financial aid for this semester and it has been really nice warm (for Feb) weather. Still no knitting going on, I've been busy and overwhelmed with work. But I have plans this weekend, homework, textbook reading and then a little knitting. I need to get going, I am going to (finally) make chili for dinner!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little urban garden. It is important to thin your carrots so that they have room to get big. Every year I say I'm going to thin the carrots, and every year I ignore them until the end of the season, and then they're all stunted and small. This summer I WILL thin the carrots!!! The main reason I don't is cause Rich is the gardener, all I really do is tell him what to plant, and then pick it all when it's ready. Anyway, hope your chili was good. I think I'm going to win the biggest loser challenge...I feel thinner already. Hungry, but thinner :)