Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One Fishy Fishing Sock!

There has been some remodeling going on 'round this place. (Picture to right is where bookcase used to be, I had just emptied it and was waiting for Kyle so we could move it----->) We moved a bookcase to move the music stuff. I like it. All of a sudden, it sort of does feel like a new place. I like moving furniture around for a fresh look, but when you have a little place and a lot of stuff, it can be hard. But this move is nice.

While I was doing some cleaning. Why am I always cleaning but it never seems clean here?? Does everyone have this problem, or just the messy group of us? Anyways, I had this little ugly blue pillow that did not match ANYTHING else in my house. That is because I bought it to cover it with woven ribbon. Never did, it was kind of harder then I thought it would be. So I suddenly thought, I have some of that fantastic canvas left from Jessica's bag, Hmmm, was there enough? And it was the perfect amount, I whipped up this cover and it looks better, much better! There is Trout checking out the newly moved items.

There is still much junk to be taken care of. I have this HUGE box of old knitting and crafty magazines. Old like from the 30's on. And I don't really want to get rid of them but they kind of take up space and I don't really have any where for them. They shouldn't be in the garage, but do I really want them in the house. It is so hard, I come from a line of collectors to the point of scary, so I don't want to end up with oodles of crap that I have some minor attachment to and can't bear to let go.

This makes me think of Kyle, he has this drawer unit thing full of stuff. Crap. That is all that is in there. Crazy things like old bank statements and yo-yo's and other toys, I think I even saw some candy in there once. But he refuses to go through it or get rid of any of it. I think it is his cling to life before me. A little tie to his reckless past. It is inside of his night stand, so I don't mind so much because I don't have to look at it (it is ugly plastic with rubbed off stickers, YUCK). So maybe we have bumped heads about it 5 times in the course of our relationship, but he persists on keeping it. So be it!

And speaking of Kyle, one sock down. He was very excited! He tried it on and then gave it a shoe test. First put on his work shoe and walked around in it. Then got out his hiking boots (what he would most likely wear with the sock) and walked around some more. Did some weird shaking/dancing around thing, expressing that it was cushiony.

Then the dilemma came over me... do I make number two OR start on something else!! Something big and brown and cabled!! Well I already cast on for number two. It will be easier to make a partner while making the first is still fresh in my mind. I tried to write down everything I did, but I'm sure those notes would not make sense in 6 months. Probably not even in one month. We are going camping this weekend... No school or work on Monday. Well, I have not told my work yet, but no problem!! So maybe I can make some major progress on Partner. I am debating on another fish or nothing or a fishing pole... Hmmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finish the other sock now!!! Or you never will! Or it will be a long time, like me with Rich's slippers. One whole year between slippers. And now he loves them. That's my two cents.

RheLynn said...

Very cool! I agree with Tara, if you don't finish the other sock soon, you may forget the little things. (even if you wrote them down)

You will have the other one to compare to, but it may relax or tighten a bit after a month.