Monday, February 20, 2006

The weekend is gone...

It was a good weekend, we had a lot of fun. Fishing, Bike Riding, Sewing, Making a bike rack for the van. Lots of stuff done. Not enough of other things done (school work).

So, I went to JoAnn's the other day for some fabric for a bag for myself and found this great orange canvas. I loved it and went to look for a good blue for the lining all the while thinking how familiar it looked. After about ten minutes it dawned on me, Tara made me an apron for X-Mas and it is the same fabric. I love it. And I have just now finished the bag. I also love it. I put pockets on the inside of this one. Great, I made a couple of little ones and one big one. Fantastic. Do I seem happy, because I am.

We also went fishing, I did not do too much, my back was hurting some so I quit after maybe a half hour. Kyle did not catch anything and I alternated between sleeping and reading up on economics while waiting for Kyle.

Today, we went to the park and went for a bike ride. It was great, I was exhausted by the end but had fun. We sat in the van thinking about ways of putting the bikes in there with camping gear. Kyle was inspired and we talked about ways of putting in a board with tracks that the bikes could lock down to. And then we made it happen. Okay Kyle (and my dad some) made it happen. In fact he is in the garage working on it right now. We will just have to plan a camping trip to make use of the bike rack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome apron, I love it. Oh yeah, the bag is cool, too. Actually, did you write down a little pattern for that bag? Can you scan it and email it to me? I really like it, and I just told Lindsay I'd make her a bag. She was admiring the "circus" bag you made me. And I am looking for another project. I really like the pockets inside the bag. I just want the measurements for the bag. The bigger size, I think.
Oh, and what a style-y ride that minivan makes!! You two are hot in the minivan! Heh heh heh.

RheLynn said...

Great projects - it sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend!