Monday, October 24, 2005

Done and Problems. What's a knittin' girl to do?

Here it is. Done. Well, for the most part. I did an unheard of thing (for me) I wove my ends in right away. Even before taking pictures. Bravo for me. I did not weave in the two at the armpit, but only because it was late and I want to make the join look as nice as possible, so I saved them for a more alert time.

Front of sweater Posted by Picasa


Back of sweater. Posted by Picasa

Now I at first could not decide between doing the attached I-Cord or not. Seeing as how I had never done one before, and it is nice to be done with a project, not having to keep working on such little bits at a time. I was leaning towards not doing it. But there was so much roll!! So I did.

Before I-Cord. Look at the ugly edge roll. It nearly rolls away the lace work. So, I am adding the finishing touch - an i-cord. Posted by Picasa

As seen here in progress. It helps a lot. I did a 3 stitch I-Cord and have run into a problem. I don't think I have enough yarn to do the bottom edge. SO, Tara you have some choices. I can pull out the one I have done and see if a 2 stitch will go further. OR do it in a differnt color. It could be a nice contrast.

After I-Cord. The roll is minimized and the sweater looks more finished. Yea Posted by Picasa

As shown here with this nice rusty yarn. It is pretty, but what would you like? I have some other stuff I could dig through. A marroon, a dark green (both alpaca) I have the orange from I Do. I have navy blue. Is any of this sounding appealing? Should I try the 2 stitch with what I have?

Option for the attached i-cord. The color is more rusty then showing here. In fact, it is called rust. Posted by Picasa

No comments: