Monday, October 17, 2005

What I ate tonight...

Sooo, I know, completly non-knitting. But it was so good I had to share. Here is dinner:

Dinner. MMMMMM, shirmp, mushroom risotto and a mixed green, gorganzola, pear salad. Delish! Posted by Picasa

And here is supper good for us dessert. I finnaly opened the juicer tonight. I wanted to make juice earlier, but had to make risotto instead. Only like 30 minutes of constant stirring. Only to have Kyle not be ready when the risotto was. He was lagging on the shrimp and the salad. So anyways... back to dessert. We struggled with whether or not we should keep the juicer or not. We really wanted it. BUT where do you put such a thing. And would we use it enough for it to be worth it? So I finally opened it...and man am I happy about such things. It was fun, and it is GOOD! The juice is two apples, two tangelos, one lime and one zucchini. The lime really adds some good flavor. It is soooooooooooo yummy!! All my apprehensions are gone. I can use so much fruit, so easy. SO HEALTHY!! Okay, I was raving about the juicer, but took a break to clean it. Hmmmm, not so fantastic. This is not something I will make when I am in a hurry and need to get out the door. Clean up is pretty intensive. Involving many parts, all of which I imagine if I left sitting would be miserable! But not too bad. If I take the same approach as with my espresso machine... clean it before I drink it, I would not have to worry about it too much!


The juicer in action (sort of, it's actually done) Posted by Picasa


MMMMMMMM...Juice! Posted by Picasa

No comments: