Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Finally... Some Knitting

I finally got back to the knit. It had been what seemed like a long time. I really wanted to get this sweater done for Teagan while she was in town for the wedding. But, NO.

So on Sat. I reallized (which I may have already mentioned) that I made a mistake that had me knitting this as a size 8 not the 4 it was supposed to be. OPPS! So I tore back six inches and began again before the arms came together. But now I had a new zeal and knit this thing up pretty fast (not by some standards, but good for me). In the meantime I decided to add a lace bottom to the bottom of the cardi, sleeves and the hood thing (I don't know what it is called?). So here I am. I would like to start on the sleeves, but I have some homework I must attend to. If I get it done fast enough, I will start. They will go MUCH faster becasue they are knit in the round. None of that annoying purling, it slows me down. Ohhh, and this was the worst becasue I had to bind off on a pulr side for the pattern. It took me a stinking half hour. What is that all about.

On my next project, I am tempted to work the whole thing in continental stitch. I did two rows on this sweater and can see how once mastered, it would be much faster. It is so hard to struggle with something, when I know a faster easier way to do it without any agrivation. But I have to think about the long run... and my newly increased speed once I master the technique. We'll see.


Armless Swing Coat Sweater Posted by Picasa


Lace Detail of Swing Coat Sweater Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous! I love the beautiful creamy color and the lace edge. You must send it to Wendy @ knit&tonic when it's done. Then she'll wonder who you are and want to befriend you and teach you continental style knitting. How wonderful! Also, since I did not comment before on the other pics, your house looks great, and I loved the wedding & Disneyland photogs!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Very impressive!