Monday, January 09, 2006

Few Words... Many Pictures

I will not blah blah blah for much and will get on with the pictures:

Here he is, Handsome Hound and the cutie patootie Ian meet. Alas, it was not love at first sight. Ian was more interested in the tissue paper I wrapped Handsome in. And once they were placed on the floor together to play, Ian went straight for the (real) dog food. I even put Handsome on the dog food bowl to sway his interest. Ian tossed him away and snatched up some dog food. Ah well... to be expected. As was exhibited by Teagan and her knit goods. But I will get there!



Here they are. Downtown Brown Pants! Showing up rather dark in these pictures (they always look lighter on the camera and I was in no mood to lighten things up prior to posting!). They are so cute and slim fitting and hairy/fuzzy. Tara said Teagan looks like an animal, like they are bear pants. Teagan wore them for maybe an hour and was done with them. Because she is on a big pajama kick (it is approx 4pm in the picture and she has changed into the pajama top she is sporting in these pictures), I tried telling her that's what they were in hopes of persuading her to spend more time in them, it hasn't seemed to work so far. Oh well, they knit up in less than a day and used up some of the left over 3.5 skein wonder yarn.


Okay... bikini scariness. This will never be shown on my body with nothing else on this blog because it is SKIMPY! But I had fun knitting it. And in the second picture you can see Tara and (neighbor) Brit also working on theirs. Too bad it is dark outside or you could see the thermometer that reads 10 degrees. Nothing cures the winter blahs like a little bikini knitting get together!!



Teagan loves her some lotion, here are the goods from Gramby.



Ahhh... I love Target. I bought Teagan a hat and mitten fleece combo. She loves them. See happy expresion of delight. She actually wears them (unlike hairy pants or swing coat). This kid got some Christmas loot!!



And here is a photo of Princess Teagan. She is a little upsidedown... crown and sun glasses are both on upsidedown! I bought Teagan these sunglasses when she was like 9 months old. She was barely standing and on her way to Las Vegas so I wanted her to be stylish. In some pictures from then Tara said she looked like Elton John.



After MANY attempts to get this on Teagan, she finally put it on for 10 minutes max. And the only way I got this picture was by letting her jump on the bed. Okay I know those damn ends are still dangling off this beast. BUT I FINISHED IT!! Tara thinks Teagan did not want to wear it because she knew it was not done. But once complete she STILL did not wear it. I spent a lone time working on this. Why are my child knit goods not being worn!!



And here is the swift and ball winder Kyle got me for Christmas. He is VERY Excited about the swift, it is made out of lace wood and he bought it on ebay. He has told me many times "It cost less then I would have paid for the wood," in fact I am sick of hearing it!! But it works. At first I thought I had no hanks and Kyle kept asking me to use it. Then I remembered I had a hank of recycled silk. Here it is in progress.



And I will finish this off with me on New Years at the fireworks display.
GOOD TIMES.
I love Alaska.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Hi Rhiannon, Welcome back! So many smiles in your pictures. It looks like you had a great time!

Too bad about Teagan and the swing coat - it looks great (when you coerced her to wear it ;o) It is hard to tell why kids choose to use or ignore things they are given -- depends on the kid too.

The cold-weather knitting party looked fun, especially the irony of the project.