Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Warm

Sunny California... Wow. It was COLD this morning. In the 30's and foggy. I could barely see in front of me. But now it has warmed up A LOT and the sun is out shining in full force.

I was on a mission last night. And I completed it, even after tearing out a few rows I completed it. I went through my yarn stash the other day to see if I had yarn for mom's slippers. While there I found this cable scarf I began working on about 1.5 years ago. It is from a skein of Lorna's Lace yarn I fell in love with and had to buy. I am pretty sure I bought the yarn before I moved home from Alaska and began the scarf shortly after I was back in Fresno. Off and on I have worked on this thing. A few cable repeats here, a few cable repeats there. So Sunday when I saw it in the yarn box, I thought I have got to finish this thing. I need to finish lots of things. I will FINISH IT! And I did! Last night. Actually this morning, I wove in the two ends and wore it to work. Wa-La, it is done. I am so proud of myself.
You really need good sunlight to take good pictures of knit items. I always (usually) take my pictures indoors with the flash. No wonder the cables never show up. Or the colors are always washed out. You can really see a difference with natural sunlight. I guess that is why we love it so much... it is soooo good for us! I love the palm tree in the picture, the palm tree that I never noticed until I put a camera lens up to my eye. I notice things much more different when looking through a viewfinder. Something that was taught to me in every photo class I ever took. Why don't we notice these things without the camera?

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

The cables are really pretty in that colour of yarn. That is a great picture!