Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My computer ate my last blog.

It was upsetting. I could not get the computer to do anything for me. Argh!

But I've been working on the sock. Kyle and I went to Friant for him to practice driving and go fishing. I took my textbooks and some knitting. Read a little, knit a little. It started out as a dreary day, but made a beautiful turn and ended up sunny, warm and spectacular. I made a good deal of progress on the sock. Kyle needs to try it on so I can see how close to decreasing I am. If it were for me, I'd be doing the decrease dance. His feet are substantially longer however!

I was inspired by the fishing trip and while knitting made Kyle's fishing socks even fishier. Yes, instead of the normal seed stitch heart, I knit a garter stitch fish!! I would show a picture, but I have not taken one yet. So I will only be able to post a pre fish picture.

I have made many inches of progress from what is shown here.

Funny stuff about this photo, I first took it from the other side of his leg and told him I wanted to take one from this side because I like these tattoos better. Then he made me take another one because he was afraid the way he had his legs crossed made his calf look fat. There is always a mess in the background in my pictures!! When will I ever be clean ALL the time. It's been especially hard because of school and I've been fighting this cold since Friday. I keep falling asleep really early. On Sunday night, I fell asleep at about 9:45. I was so sad when I woke up when Kyle came to bed because I missed Grey's Anatomy - my favorite show. Then last night I fell asleep some time around 10:45. I usually go to sleep between 11:15 and 11:45. So last night not too early, but I just can't stay awake!! Which means I have been waking up real early. This morning: 6:45... I forced myself back to sleep until about 7:15, but Kyle's twitching was too much, I got up and made a latte and here I am.

I'm going into work a little late today because I have to interview someone for a school project and I am meeting her at 9am. And then I am taking tomorrow off!! Yea! Get some school work done. Get some knitting done. Hope my yarn comes from knitpicks... even though I won't knit with it. Okay... well maybe I can finish the ballet T-shirt. I want to finish and wear it. I love the Shine, it is such nice yarn. So soft!

I guess I should go, get dressed, eat something, morning stuff to do.

(the second picture is the sock on my just after I turned the heel... these things are practically knee socks on me. I followed the pattern on length, next time I will knit them shorter!)

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Great sock pictures! How did turning the heel go?

Rhiannon said...

good. I got very excited when I finally got to do some thing other than a tube!