Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Socks on my feet.

I am planning to make my first pair of socks. They will actually be for Kyle, the ones he asked for a few weeks ago. When he called me up in the middle of his fishing trip, I want socks. Warm and wool. I told him we needed to disguss options, style, yarn, pattern, what-not!! But what did I do, I went to the yarn store today. I wanted to buy something. I HAD to buy something. And just before I left I decided it was time I join the sock knitting masses. I have made it this far with not a sock coming off any needle of mine. I did produce one pair of (GREAT) slippers, but they required not turning of heel madness that socks require.


Ball Winder Away! Posted by Picasa

So I decided to forgo the option of letting Kyle choose anything to do with the socks. I found this yarn. I loved this yarn. I thought Kyle will love this yarn. I bought this yarn. I guess technically Kyle bought it for me with his gift certificate. I think I told him I was not going to make him ANYTHING from my gift certificate money... I just wanted to keep it for myself. Here I am going against that. Oh well. I am also going to buy the Addi Turbo's I need for the Loop D Loop Cable Coat. Plus I had my lovely LYS owner order my Knitting from the Top. A book on designing (I think) your own sweater patterns and knitting them from the top down. I love all those pretty rows of increases and decreases... what drew me to the ballet t-shirt!!


Cascade 220 yarn for socks Posted by Picasa

So now I must find a pattern. Hmmmm. I did a search, need to see what it turns up! I know I want basic... because Kyle wants basic. There will be no pattern, no lace, no fancy. Just plain sock!!

Oh, and the yarn. It is a green black mix, it looks like it is two strands (one of each color) wound together! I am off to guage away!!

No comments: